The sixth in a series, in this article we’ll explore the Third Eye Chakra, or the Ajna. Please check out the previous articles Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, and Throat Chakra.
The chakras are basically energy centers in the body – the word chakra in Sanskrit means “wheel” or “disk”. Keeping these chakras in balance and clear are believed to keep you at your peak, both health and emotionally. I know first hand how out of balance I can get, and how much closer to balanced I feel when I pay attention to and work on balancing my chakras.
The third eye chakra deals with intuition, knowing, higher guidance, seeing.
An excessive third eye chakra can result in your getting carried away with your own powers of insight. Deficient would result in not trusting your own guidance and intuition.
A clear and open third eye chakra will result in the ability to trust your intuition, your higher self and your path.
I’ve included the chart below to get you started, or as quick reference, if you’d like to print it.
|Location||The Center of the Brow|
|Essential Oils||Frankincense/Clary Sage/Holy Basil|
|Crystals/Stones||Moldavite, Herkimer Diamonds, Lapis Lazuli, Labradorite, Chaorite, Amethyst|
|Tarot Correspondence||The Hanged Man/The Moon|
You can balance your Third Eye chakra in any number of ways.
- Color Meditation – Find something that’s a indigo – a deep purply blue. Some people prefer purple with gold flecks. Use whatever resonates within you. . It can be in your physical presence, or a digital image. Look here for some ideas. Get still and focus on your breath, inhale that beautiful purple color, filled with love, and exhale any negativity. Sit quietly for a while and continue doing this until you feel satisfied.
- Yoga poses specifically for balancing your third eye chakra, here are some.
- Third Eye Chakra guided meditation – there is no shortage of free, guided meditations out there. Google it, or check out this one. Try singing AUM along with it, as it’s in the tone of A.
- Aromatherapy – Choose the essential oil you like best that corresponds from the chart above and either diffuse it, or put a few drops in your hand, rub your hands together and then put them up to your face and inhale deeply.
- Meditate, holding one or more of the crystals mentioned in the chart above. Imagine your third eye chakra spinning, calmly, in a clear, vibrant, indigo. Imagine your third eye, opening, looking back at you.
- Chant the Mantra, “AUM” in the tone of A.
- Listen to the Spotify playlist below
- Third Eye Chakra Meditation – Give yourself 15 minutes, shut of all devices, close your eyes, bring your awareness to your breath and imagine a beautiful, indigo orb, lit from within, behind the center of your brow. Breathe in and imagine that this orb gets bigger and brighter, cleaner and clearer with each breath. Feel the energy of the beautiful indigo color, really feel it, let it wash over you. Imagine the cool sensation as your third eye chakra gets bigger and clearer. Imagine an eye, in the middle of the orb. Feel it slowly open, looking back you from the inside.
- Use affirmations.
- I Know
- I Trust My Intuition
- I Am Led By My Higher Self for the Good of All
- Take a moment after a meditation and really listen to what your intuition is telling you. Act on it. Even if it’s just a small thing. A different route home, the purchase of something new, listen to what your intuition tells you.
These are just a few suggestions – explore your own path and find your favorite ways to balance your third eye chakra.
I have found in doing this research that different practices have variations of all of these “suggestions”, do what feels right to you.
Like this? Want more like it?