The chakras are basically energy centers in the body – the word chakra in Sanskrit means “wheel” or “disk”. Keeping these chakras in balance and clear are believed to keep you at your peak, both health and emotionally. I know first hand how out of balance I can get, and how much closer to balanced I feel when I pay attention to and work on balancing my chakras.
The third chakra has to do with ego, opinions, personal power – a deficient solar plexus chakra can result in unhealthy submission to others, lack of will, etc.
A clear and open solar plexus chakra will result in feeling confident in yourself, your direction, your opinions, and personal power.
A blocked solar plexus chakra can result in ego issues, unhealthy dominance and/or submissiveness, digestive issues, ulcers, etc.
I’ve included the chart below to get your started, or as quick reference, if you’d like to print it.
You can balance your solar plexus chakra in any number of ways.
- Color Meditation – Find something that’s a clear, sunburst yellow. It can be in your physical presence, or a digital image. Look here for some ideas. Get still and focus on your breath, inhale that beautiful yellow color and exhale any negativity. Sit quietly for a while and continue doing this until you feel satisfied.
- Yoga poses specifically for balancing your solar plexus chakra, Yoga Travel Tree has some.
- Solar Plexus Chakra guided meditation – there is no shortage of free, guided meditations out there. Google it, or check out this one.
- Aromatherapy – Choose the essential oil you like best that corresponds from the chart above and either diffuse it, or put a few drops in your hand, rub your hands together and then put them up to your face and inhale deeply.
- Meditate, holding one or more of the crystals mentioned in the chart above. Imagine your solar plexus chakra spinning, calmly, in a clear, vibrant, warm, sunshiney yellow
- Chant the Mantra, “Ram” in the tone of E – here’s a video – I’m listening to it as I write this.
- Listen to the Spotify play list below
- Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation – Give yourself 15 minutes, shut of all devices, close your eyes, bring your awareness to your breath and imagine a ball of yellow, like a summer morning sun, breathe in and imagine that this ball gets bigger and brighter, cleaner and clearer with each breath. Feel the energy of the beautiful sunshiney color, really feel it. Imagine the warmth as your solar plexus chakra gets bigger and clearer.
- Use affirmations.
- I am perfect, just the way I am
- I am able to give and receive love in a healthy way
- I know what I need and I know how to create the life that I want to live.
- Participate in a sport, a physical one – and be aware of your competitive nature. Is it balanced, or do you get hung up on winning and losing, so that interferes with your enjoyment.
These are just a few suggestions – explore your own path and find your favorite ways to balance your solar plexus chakra.
Rudra and Lakini
Like this? Want more like it?