The seventh and final in a series, in this article we’ll explore the Crown Chakra, or the Sahasrara. Please check out the previous articles Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, and Third Eye Chakra.
The chakras are basically energy centers in the body – the word chakra in Sanskrit means “wheel” or “disk”. Keeping these chakras in balance and clear are believed to keep you at your peak, both health and emotionally. I know first hand how out of balance I can get, and how much closer to balanced I feel when I pay attention to and work on balancing my chakras.
Sahasrara is the place of pure consciousness. It is your inner wisdom, your connection to higher realms. Some consider this chakra to be above the body, some at the top of your head.
I’ve included the chart below to get you started, or as quick reference, if you’d like to print it.
You can balance your Crown Chakra in any number of ways.
- Color Meditation – Find something that’s a Violet. It can be in your physical presence, or a digital image. Look here for some ideas. Get still and focus on your breath, inhale that beautiful violet color, filled with love, and exhale any negativity. Sit quietly for a while and continue doing this until you feel satisfied.
- Yoga poses specifically for balancing your crown chakra, here are some.
- Crown Chakra guided meditation – there is no shortage of free, guided meditations out there. Google it, or check out this one.
- Aromatherapy – Choose the essential oil you like best that corresponds from the chart above and either diffuse it, or put a few drops in your hand, rub your hands together and then put them up to your face and inhale deeply.
- Meditate, holding one or more of the crystals mentioned in the chart above. Imagine your crown chakra spinning, calmly, in a clear, vibrant, violet.
- Chant the Mantra in the video below
- Listen to the Spotify playlist below
- Crown Chakra Meditation – Give yourself 15 minutes, shut of all devices, close your eyes, bring your awareness to your breath and imagine a beautiful, violet light, just inside the top of your head. Imagine, the crown area opening up and beautiful, liquid, white, shimmering light from above gently flowing into your head and down through your whole body. Slowly imagine this liquid light filling your entire body and see yourself as this luminous being – which is really what you are and what you always have been. Breathe slowly and deeply, all the while imagining this beautiful liquid, sparkling light, filling your entire body and your beautiful violet light reaching up through the universe from the top of your head.
- Use affirmations.
- I am part of the Divine
- I honor the Divine within me
- I listen to the wisdom of universe
- I am at peace
- Take a moment after a meditation honor your path, feel the gratitude for the things in your life that you cherish, be open to the wisdom that you already have.
These are just a few suggestions – explore your own path and find your favorite ways to balance your crown chakra.
I have found in doing this research that different practices have variations of all of these “suggestions”, do what feels right to you.
Like this? Want more like it?