WordPress is so great, I could talk about it for hours, and I do. I’ve been using it since, literally, the day it was released and not only is it great and free, it comes with a huge community of fellow evangelists who are so generous with their ideas, thoughts, code, and more! Really, if you’re not using it, why not? Here are six of My Favorite, Free Plugins for WordPress.
- Jetpack – I love this plug in! It does so much! I’ve already written all about it – so there’s no sense in reiterating what’s already been said. Go read it for yourself.
- Yoast SEO – We all know how important search engine optimization is, but how do you even start? There are so many articles about it, but this plug in gets you started – think about what your target demographic would be searching for to come across your content and then follow the simple formula within the plug in. When you get the traffic light to turn green, you’re ready to go!
- Click to Tweet – Got quotable content that you’d like your readers to be able to easily share? This puts it right at their fingertips! Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself…
- Disable Editor – Sometimes, like when you’re using purchase buttons via Paypal, when you revisit the page to make an edit, the visual editor will “break” the button. This plugin lets you disable the visual editor so that never happens again! (This plug in has not been updated in quite a while, but I’m still using it. Use with caution)
- Woo Commerce – I’ve been building shopping carts since 1998. I’ve used so many different ones, but WooCommerce makes me ridiculously happy! The free version is powerful enough for lots of choices, upgrades are available if needed.
- Popup Ally – The prettiest, most customizable, lightweight, pop up plug in to capture subscribers in different ways. I just love how much I can customize this!
Almost all of these plugins have upgrade options, but they’re very robust in their free version to start.
If you’d like to be notified of articles like these, for WordPress, Social Media, Web Development as well as Creativity and Planning ideas, please sign up for my mailing list!