The chakras are basically energy centers in the body – the word chakra in Sanskrit means “wheel” or “disk”. Keeping these chakras in balance and clear are believed to keep you at your peak, both health and emotionally. I know first hand how out of balance I can get, and how much closer to balanced I feel when I pay attention to and work on balancing my chakras.
The fourth chakra has to do with compassion, love, acceptance, belonging – it connects the lower chakras to the higher chakras. A deficient heart chakra can result in codependence, greed, anger, resentment.
A clear and open heart chakra will result in feeling compassion for all creatures, understanding and accepting of yourself and others.
I’ve included the chart below to get you started, or as quick reference, if you’d like to print it.
|Location||Center of the Chest|
|Color||Green and/or Pink|
|Essential Oils||Rose, Melissa, Neroli, Geranium|
|Crystals/Stones||jade, peridot, rose quartz, watermelon tourmaline, ruby zoisite|
|Tarot Correspondance||The Sun, Temperance|
|Hindu Deity||Vishnu, Lakshmi, Krishna|
You can balance your heart chakra in any number of ways.
- Color Meditation – Find something that’s a clear, emerald green. It can be in your physical presence, or a digital image. Look here for some ideas. Get still and focus on your breath, inhale that beautiful green color, filled with love, and exhale any negativity. Sit quietly for a while and continue doing this until you feel satisfied.
- Yoga poses specifically for balancing your heart chakra, Yoga Travel Tree has some.
- Heart Chakra guided meditation – there is no shortage of free, guided meditations out there. Google it, or check out this one.
- Aromatherapy – Choose the essential oil you like best that corresponds from the chart above and either diffuse it, or put a few drops in your hand, rub your hands together and then put them up to your face and inhale deeply.
- Meditate, holding one or more of the crystals mentioned in the chart above. Imagine your heart chakra spinning, calmly, in a clear, vibrant, emerald green.
- Chant the Mantra, “Yam” in the tone of F.
- Listen to the Spotify playlist below
- Heart Chakra Meditation – Give yourself 15 minutes, shut of all devices, close your eyes, bring your awareness to your breath and imagine a beautiful, faceted emerald, breathe in and imagine that this gem gets bigger and brighter, cleaner and clearer with each breath. Feel the energy of the beautiful green color, really feel it. Imagine the warmth as your heart chakra gets bigger and clearer.
- Use affirmations.
- I am open to love and compassion
- I am able to give and receive love in a healthy way
- My heart is filled with love for all.
- I am loved, and I love.
- Volunteer your time, donate to a cause you believe in, get involved.
These are just a few suggestions – explore your own path and find your favorite ways to balance your heart chakra.
Like this? Want more like it?