The second in a series, in this article we’ll explore the Sacral Chakra, or the Svadisthana. Please check out the previous article Root Chakra.
The chakras are basically energy centers in the body – the word chakra in Sanskrit means “wheel” or “disk”. Keeping these chakras in balance and clear are believed to keep you at your peak, both health and emotionally. I know first hand how out of balance I can get, and how much closer to balanced I feel when I pay attention to and work on balancing my chakras.
The second chakra has to do with creativity, our appetites, and desires, relationships and addictions – a deficient sacral chakra can result in low energy, lethargy, sadness, loneliness, a lack of creativity, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract issues, etc.
A clear and open sacral chakra will result in feeling pleasure in life, joy, the ability to give and receive healthy, unconditional love.
An blocked sacral chakra can result in low self esteem, sexual dysfunction, inability to trust, addictions, manipulative actions, jealousy.
I’ve included the chart below to get your started, or as quick reference, if you’d like to print it.
You can balance your sacral chakra in any number of ways.
- Color Meditation – Find something that’s a clear, juicy orange. It can be in your physical presence, or a digital image. Look here for some ideas. Get still and focus on your breath, inhale that beautiful orange color and exhale any negativity. Sit quietly for a while and continue doing this until you feel satisfied.
- Yoga poses specifically for balancing your sacral chakra, Yoga Travel Tree has some.
- Sacral Chakra guided meditation – there is no shortage of free, guided meditations out there. Google it, or check out this one.
- Aromatherapy – Choose the essential oil you like best that corresponds from the chart above and either diffuse it, or put a few drops in your hand, rub your hands together and then put them up to your face and inhale deeply.
- Meditate, holding one or more of the crystals mentioned in the chart above. Imagine your sacral chakra spinning, calmly, in a clear, vibrant, juicy orange.
- Chant the Mantra, “Vam” in the tone of D – here’s a great little video with Tibetan singing bowls, in the tone of D.
- Listen to the Spotify play list below
- Sacral Chakra Meditation – Give yourself 15 minutes, shut of all devices, close your eyes, bring your awareness to your breath and imagine a ball of orange, in the pit of your belly, below your naval, breathe in and imagine that this ball gets bigger and brighter, cleaner and clearer with each breath. Feel the energy of the beautiful orange color, really feel it. Imagine the warmth as your sacral chakra gets bigger and clearer.
- Create something. Write a poem, or a song, make a meal you’ve never tried before, paint a picture, color in a coloring book, get that creativity moving!
- Express physical love. If you’re in a safe relationship, go ahead and give your partner some physical love. Enjoy one another. And if you’re not in a safe relationship, or there isn’t anyone you want to get physical with, you can always explore your own self love.
These are just a few suggestions – explore your own path and find your favorite ways to balance your sacral chakra.
Vishnu and Rakini
Like this? Want more like it?